Metal Battens And Reuse Of The Materials
Please see the following advice noted at a recent QBCC Webinar on roofing works.
- It has been announced that metal battens should not be re-used, unless there is written advice from the manufacturer allowing the re-use and then only to the manufacturer’s installation requirements.
- Sarking – where no sarking is provided then foil sarking should be installed when the roof is off to prevent any future claims from condensation damage.
- The Roofing contractor is to provide a Form 16 for the works undertaken – includes any upgrading works & the roof installation works.
- JDBA Certifiers will still inspect the re-roofing works and provide advice on any upgrading works where required as the roof is coming off.
- Where the roof works have been completed before JDBA receiving the BA documentation, a Form 21 will not be issued until we have inspected the works through a ceiling manhole – if that situation applies then we will require the Owner’s phone number and email address to arrange for the inspection.